As the weather warms up and the days get longer, many people start thinking about spring cleaning. But is spring the best time for professional carpet cleaning?
Here are a few things to consider:
- Allergies. If you or someone in your family suffers from allergies, spring is probably not the best time for professional carpet cleaning. Many people have a lower tolerance for allergens when the weather warms up and they spend more time outside; if you clean your carpets at this time, then you might be introducing allergen-ridden particles into the air.
- Odor removal. If there is any lingering odor from a spill or accident, spring may not be the best time to hire a professional carpet cleaning company. This is because odors naturally escape from carpets during humid weather, and you don’t want any lingering scents giving your home an unpleasant aroma.
- Dust mite infestations. As our homes become filled with more electronics and appliances that use dust mites as a food source, these pests have become more common. If you suspect that your carpet may be infested with dust mites, then you should have it cleaned by a professional during the springtime.
- Pet hair and dander. If you have pets, then you know that they shed their hair and skin cells virtually every day. If you don’t clean your carpets frequently, then these particles can build up and cause an allergic reaction in some people. The best time to have your carpets cleaned is at the beginning of spring and the beginning of fall – this way, you can catch any problem areas before they become a larger issue.
- Stains. If you have young children or pets, then your carpets are probably stained. Spring is a great time to have these stains removed so that your carpets look their best.
Overall, spring is a great time for professional carpet cleaning if you take the necessary precautions. If you have allergies or suspect that your carpet may be infested with dust mites, then you should have it cleaned during the springtime. Otherwise, you can schedule a cleaning at any time that is convenient for you.